Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
CottonCandyONaRainyDay: Are you listening?

CottonCandyONaRainyDay

CottonCandyONaRainyDay is my new mommy journal. A brag book all about my beloved daughter!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Are you listening?

I hope so because Pook's listening is very selective at the moment:) Anyhoo, we are back!
I feel no need to apologize for the tardiness, we've been busy! First, we moved! Then, Pook is
changing daycare. Next, mommy had to start her new job. Then, grandma visited for two weeks, we had a family
reunion, and then...(drum roll pleeze)

Last but not least, we welcomed Miyoshi's baby girl, Kailee Aimee into the world!! Kailee Aimee is gorgeous just like her mommy. AndI proudly hand off my newmommy title to mommy Miyoshi. After my first visit with Kailee and mommy I realize
just how out of newmommyhood I am. I asked about all the wrong things like how are you feeling (I forgot what tired really means). I offered all of my expertise (I forgot that your child is your child miyoshi). And I forgot to bring ointment for the sore nipples (I brought m&m's instead). Maybe the biggest sign that I'm handing over the newmommy crown is (another drum roll pleeze ) I left Pook at home (now I know the wisdom of leaving the child with her grandparents so you can be in the moment). Welcome to the club Miyoshi and Kailee. Pook can't wait to meet you Kailee!

So let me fill you in on the joy of joys that is Pook these days. First of all, know
that the girl loves to walk in mommy's shoes. Especially her "heels". My mother
claims that Pook walks better than I do in all of my three inches. She definitely gets more practice. It drives me nuts to find my shoes all over the house. I'm thinking of buying her those plastic kid heels. Not that they will solve the problem of Pook wearing my shoes of course, but only to add to our junk.

Pook speaks french and I love it!!! Her dad taught her and I love it when she throws a word out or two in french. It drives my colleagues and unassuming bystanders wild. We are thinking about getting her a tutor (besides her dad). I am helping her learn AAVE- African American Vernacular English. They don't have flashcards for that!

Today Pook sat in time out at daycare (her old one- we are transitioning). Apparently, she pushed a girl over because
she wouldn't stop crying. I guess she was getting on Pook's nerves. Her provider assured me that this is Pooks first time showing signs of aggression so I should not be worried. Whatever. Call me badmommy but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure she didn't push her that hard. Not my child (smile).


Over the weekend, grandma and I were shopping at Burlington Coat Factory. Pook started a crying fit. When she does this she tells me, "mommy baby crying". To which I always reply, "why is my baby crying?". To which Pook always responds, "baby sleepy". So following my mom's suggestion I leave the store to find it pouring rain outside to take her to her Papa (while my mother remains at the store and shops). Laying in my father's lap Pook immediately cuts the tears and looks happier than a pig in slop. I go back to the store and find my mother. We shop till we drop. Bliss.

Pook already knows the chorus' to most of the songs on COMMON"s new cd (thanks tiff;). It's better than singing "A Bay Bay" or "Get it Shorty" as Jasmine taught her (bad cousin:). Speaking of Jasmine, do you know she started high school? I am having a hard time with this. Jasmine looks so grown up and pretty. I'm scared, and proud, and worried, and a hot mess of an auntie.

What else- Pook is sporting a size 7 shoe and 24 month clothing these days. I expect by the winter she will be in a 2T.

Well there is so much to catch the fam up on, but mommy is tired. The typing is also keeping me from enjoying this class of chill white wine to my right. Picked it up on sale at the grocery store today.

So I'll be more regular now that we are moved in, unpacked, and just about settled.

love,
me

"ALL WE HAVE IS THE MOMENT SO CREATE THE MOMMENTS YOU WANT TO HAVE"
SAYS A CHURCHED, CHRISTIAN, BUDDHIST WANNABE, IFA FEELING, ZEN PHONY, OH ALLAH SOUTHSIDE BLACKMUSLIM SAYIN', ASTROLOGY BELIEVIN', AMEL WORSHIPPIN' NEWMOMMY.

ps. happy birthday Tai Lewis:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home