Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
CottonCandyONaRainyDay: Free At Last!

CottonCandyONaRainyDay

CottonCandyONaRainyDay is my new mommy journal. A brag book all about my beloved daughter!

Friday, July 07, 2006

Free At Last!

hey Everyone,

its the Morning (go get Amel Larrieux's lastest cd by the way if you haven't done so already. I have yes, four copies of said cd and its all that and then some. The cd is called Morning if you missed the hint) and Pook is with Ms. Lisa at daycare. Our schedule is a little bit off from the day off of work celebration otherwise known this time of year as July 4.

It was a jammin little holiday. We started the break off of work with Troy and Rasha and their little bunny in the oven by going to the Mosque. It was an enjoyable lecture where I learned more about myself, my God, and my people. A few men in my family have been devoted to the NOI (we are from Chicago afterall-south suburbs) for very good reason. I appreciate God in all that ways she shows herself and yes I felt the spirit there and it was good.

Then we met Imani's baby Olivia for the very first time!! AWWWWWW she is such a sweetie and Mom is looking good! You looking good girl! If you don't toot your own horn your horn may not be tootth. toot toot for all mamas.

And we ate! My dad's grillin skills were on point. The family then became engrossed in a "badmitten" tournament. Melody is the reigning champ and she didn't let us forget. After all she is the expert after having passed a university course in "badmitten" at SIU after malayah's birth. But, and yes do consider this a challenge: You won't remain Queen for long sista- you're going down!!


But this is supposed to be about Pook.

So Pook gained her freedom this July 4th. Actually its her most embarassing moment to date. We went to visit Auntie Stacey and the boys because we have missed them soo. I got Pook out of the car (or I should say mini-van- yes I have a minivan now) and gave her to Stacey because she was so excited to see how big Pook is getting. Well as she bounced up and down on Stacey's knee, Stacey was commenting that she could smell her baby Tai because he had some "treats" in his diaper. You know how we do, multi-tasking is an art and a science that is just intrinisic to all women. All women. So while she is minding her child and mine, I'm staring off into space enjoying the break when I am awakened from my day sleep by Stacey's laughter-

So it seems that Pook was covered in Poo while bouncing on Auntie Stacey's knee.

You know the Poop that comes through the clothes that is all up and down the back.

That just seems to ooozze out of every crevice while the baby never says a word but just keeps on babbling and looking all cute.

Yuck! I couldn't believe it! I mean thank goodness I was at Stacey's. As an expert mom of two she laughed out loud, thought it more funny than the unbelievable mess it really was, and had all the supplies for Pook to redeem herself with a nice bubble bath complete with toys (even a bathtime Dora the explorer doll which is a really luxury for Pook since we don't really buy the commerical characters). I was grossed out. I thought our exploding diaper days were well behind us. I mean I hadn't changed a mess like that in months. I had well forgotten that she was even capable. But there she was the booty went blare the poop bursting everywhere.

After we cleaned up Pook and Tai we returned downstairs and laughed and talked some more until Stacey realized that she still smelled poop. How poop ended up between her couch cushions I will never know. But somehow Pook managed to leave some of her treats smashed against Stacey's leather sofa. Double Yuck! Just GRoss. It seems that such a beautiful little baby girl like Pook shouldn't be capable of such utterly disgusting yucky stuff.

Or maybe she was just really expressing her patriotic baby self. Shit can be a metaphor for a lot of things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home